Unit model: Solar Buzz
Package weight: 2.00kg
Dimensions (L x W x H): 0.00cm x 0.00cm x 0.00cm
Introducing Solar Buzzkill, the simple yet effective bug zapping wonder! Solar Buzzkill works with advanced PV technology. It builds energy by day and by night its ultraviolet light and live wire automatically comes to life, attracting and quickly dealing with mosquitoes, moths and other flying nuisances.
Solar Buzzkill is completely cordless and truly portable so you can take it with you wherever you go. In the kitchen, in the garden, or anywhere that you want to be protected from flying pests. You can even take it with you on holiday!
And the super grip suction pads give a strong, secure fix wherever you need protection most! Wherever you, are, the Solar Buzzkill is always protecting you and your family from those nasty flying bugs and insects
Claims and Features
• Solar powered: No plugs or batteries
• Chemical free
• Hygienic clean-up
• On/Off switch
• Can be used for travel
• Portability. Because Solar Buzzkill is solar powered, it can be placed almost anywhere (although the suction cups probably wouldn’t do well on stucco). You can even take it on the road with you while traveling.
• Some pests. If you are primarily concerned about flies or moths, Solar Buzzkill may be a good fit for you.
• Mounting. It has been our experience that re-using suction cups tends to degrade over time. It would have been nice to include a mounting hole to use with a tack or nail.
• Size. The small size of the unit is not likely to provide a comprehensive shield to insects in the area.
• Mosquitoes. Despite the statement on the product website that Solar Buzzkill “helps protect you and your family from mosquito-borne illness including the Zika virus” there have been studies which indicate bug zappers may actually increase the number of mosquito bites by those who use them. A Notre Dame study revealed that bug zappers attract mosquitoes but rarely kill them, leading to more bites, not less.